Splendors of Italy (2013) : River Countess
Venice to Rome - 13 Days
Birthplace of the Renaissance, Italy has given the world a splendid legacy of art, architecture, music, poetry, and legend. No heritage is more splendid than that of Venice, the water-bound city adorned with luminous art. Stand among the pigeons on Piazza San Marco and imagine greeting Marco Polo on his return from China. Follow the footsteps of the doges through their historic palace.
Experience the play of water and light as your luxurious ship sails the Venice lagoon and cruises along the Po River, letting you explore the rich culture and traditions of Bologna, Ravenna, Padua, and Verona in ease. Leave the river behind and cross the country to the splendors of Florence, where the Renaissance began, and see astonishing works by Michelangelo, Rafael, Donatello, and Boticelli. Rome, capital of the ancient republic and empire, offers untold riches of art and architecture that are yours to explore.
Who will enjoy this cruise: Those who love art and fine food and wine. History buffs who wish to explore the heritage of Rome and the Renaissance. This destination offers something special for everyone.
Epicurean Adventurer Program Includes: Pasta-making workshop in Bologna | Wine tasting and lunch at Castello Verrazzano | Italian dessert-making demonstration and tasting | Olive oil and wine tasting | Special wine and food pairing dinner
Your Cruise/Tour Package INCLUDES:
- Cruise Line
- 13 Days
- Cruise Ship
- River Countess
Click for more information on this ship.
++Prices exclude additional port charges of US$172 and are per person, cruise/tour only based on double occupancy. Other restrictions may apply.
- Prices listed in US dollars.
- Airfare is not included in prices listed above. Please inquire at time of booking for best available airfare pricing.
- Prices shown above include cruise in lowest category stateroom
- A limited number of singles are available for an additional supplement.
- Itineraries, hotels, and vessels may change, and substitute visits to other sites may occur during your trip due to water level fluctuations and other uncontrollable factors.
- The order of sightseeing and docking ports are subject to change according to port authority assignments.
To upgrade to a higher category, add per person the following prices below:Suite US$1,695
Category 1 US$975
Category 2 US$750
Category 3 US$475
Category 4 US$200